The Pro Range is aimed toward the serious train simulation enthusiast looking for a complex machine to master. Each product is designed to provide education and entertainment for users. Xbox controller and HUD interface support do not come as standard and users will need to read the accompanying documentation to fully understand the operation of this advanced simulation.
The Class 156 DMU, also known as a Super Sprinter, was built from 1987 to 1989 by Metro-Cammell as part of the effort to replace the ageing fleet of first-generation DMUs dating back to the 1950s. The Class 156s were all built as two-car sets, each set comprising a pair of driving motor units. Powered by 6-cylinder diesel engines, Super Sprinters are rated to run at 75mph and are used mainly for suburban and short-haul branch line duties. All units have now passed from British Rail ownership into private hands, and are currently in operation with a number of train operators including Scotrail, Northern Rail, East Midlands Trains, and National Express East Anglia.
**Please note that the Class 156 cannot be controlled using the in-game HUD driver interface or Xbox controller.
- Projecting exterior headlights for low light visibility
- Cab night lighting (activated using Shift + L)
- QuickDrive Compatible
- Advance Warning System (AWS) self-test routine.
- Fully functional destination blind (operates during game-play).
- Westinghouse notched brake system.
- Animated cab accessories such as windows, sun blinds and arm rest.
- Fully functional wheel slip protection (WSP) with realistic speedo fluctuations.
- High quality audio with stereo cab sound effects.
- Semi-functional “compressor speed up” feature.
- Realistic cab night lighting effects.
- Driver to guard buzzer.
- Drivers Reminder Application (DRA).
- 6 liveries: Regional Railways, Express, CT, ONE, Northern and Scotrail.
- Scenarios for the Great Western Main Line route, East Coast Main Line (Newcastle to York) route and Test Trak route:
- Northern in the South
- Norwich Knowledge
- Where should they go?
- Sprinting the ECML
- Shunt move
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required