The ICE-T was developed by Siemens in parallel with the ICE 3 and ICE TD in the early 1990s, designed to operate on lines previously served by slower loco-hauled InterCity (IC) and InterRegio (IR) trains, and traditional EMUs.
Assigned the project name ?IC T?, with the ?T? standing for ?Triebzug? (multiple unit), the ICE-T shared many common components with the ICE 3. However, a number of exterior differences distinguish the two trainsets, including a remodelled nose profile and Italian-built tilting bogies.
The ICE-T first entered service in 1994 and has capacity for 372 passengers. Although it is slower than its sister units with a top speed of 230km/h (140mph), the trainset?s tilt angle of eight degrees enables it to negotiate the upgraded German railway lines with ease.
The DB 411 ?ICE-T? for Train Simulator is available in Deutsche Bahn red and white livery and features scripted tilting technology, improved passenger view and lighting, AFB speed control, SIFA driver vigilance system, and PZB and LZB signalling systems.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the DB BR 411 ?ICE-T? on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Hamburg-Hanover route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Three scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover route:
- Training: Driving the ICE-T
- DB ICE-T Replacement Train
- DB ICE-T Snowy Winters Day
- BR 411 ICE-T in Deutsche Bahn red and white livery
- Scripted tilting technology
- Improved passenger view and lighting
- AFB speed control
- SIFA driver vigilance system
- PZB and LZB signalling systems.
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover route
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required