Ten 6MT Clan Class locomotives were built by British Railways between 1951 and March 1952 at BR?s Crewe Works, although another 15 were planned but never built following BR?s modernisation plan in the early 1950s.
Designed by Robert Riddles, the 4-6-2 Pacific tender steam locomotive was based on the Britannia Class design but incorporating a smaller boiler and various weight-saving measures to increase their route availability, including the west of Scotland.
Ultimately, the Class was deemed a failure and all 10 locomotives were withdrawn from service by June 1966. None have survived into preservation, although a private project to build the next locomotive in the class, 72010 Hengist, is currently ongoing.
The 6MT Clan Class for Train Simulator is a former Iron Horse House model, which has been updated to TS2015 standard, including new scenarios and improved exterior modelling. It is available in BR Brunswick Green livery with BR Mk1 passenger and sleeper coaches in maroon livery.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the BR 6MT Clan Class on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Western Lines of Scotland route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Three scenarios for the Western Lines of Scotland route:
- Night Train to Dumfries
- Unlikely Replacement: Part 1
- Unlikely Replacement: Part 2
- 6MT Clan Class in BR Brunswick Green livery
- BR Mk1 maroon passenger and sleeper coaches
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Western Lines of Scotland route
- Download size: 415mb
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required