The N15 Class was born from a need of the London & South Western Railway for more powerful express passenger locomotives that could cope with increasing train loads on the long and arduous West Country routes of the UK. The result was the N15 class design, completed by the Chief Mechanical Engineer of the L&SWR, Robert W Urie.
A total of 74 ?King Arthurs? were built between 1919 and 1926, although during this time the design was changed when the Southern Railway absorbed the L&SWR during ?grouping?. Later batches of the Class were built by different works and with updated designs to make them more efficient and streamlined.
Early versions of the N15 Class were named after the Knights of the Round Table, hence their ?King Arthur? nickname, a tag that set them apart from other express steam locomotives of the time.
Withdrawal of the class began in 1953 with the last locomotive retired from service in 1962. However, one ?King Arthur? ? Sir Lamiel ? was saved from the scrapyard and has been preserved as part of the National Collection in the UK. The locomotive currently resides at the Great Central Railway in Leicestershire and regularly runs mainline tours.
The N15 King Arthur Class ?Sir Lamiel? for Train Simulator is available in BR Brunswick Green livery and recreates the locomotive as it appeared in 2012 running rail tours on the UK rail network as a preserved locomotive. Also included are BR Mk1 coaches in chocolate and cream livery.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the N15 King Arthur Class ?Sir Lamiel? on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the West Somerset Railway route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Three scenarios for the West Somerset Railway route:
- The Visitor
- Steam Gala
- Sir Lamiel Turn Around
- N15 King Arthur Class Sir Lamiel in BR Brunswick Green livery
- BR Mk1 coaches in chocolate and cream livery, including First, Second, Tourist Open, Restaurant Mini Buffet, Brake Second, Brake First and Brake Guard
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the West Somerset Railway route
- Download size: 111mb
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required