The V160 family comprised several classes of closely related four-axle diesel-hydraulic locomotives built in the 1960s and 1970s for the Deutsche Bundesbahn, of which the BR 218 was the most numerous, with 12 prototype locomotives and 398 main production locomotives built in total.
They were seen as a multi-use locomotive, operating passenger and freight services on main lines and secondary branch lines before reunification of Germany. Such was their success, they went on to be used across the country?s railway network well into the 2000s, with many still in use for freight and yard work, and others as ?Thunderbird? rescue locomotives on electrified lines.
Despite their relatively fast top speed of 87mph (140km/h), the Class was displaced by newer diesel multiple units (DMUs), electrification of the rail network and new diesel locomotives introduced by DB.
The BR 218 for Train Simulator is available in Deutsche Bahn Traffic Red livery and includes a non-powered BR 146 as a failed locomotive to recreate ?Thunderbird? operations. Features of the model include PZB signalling and a rake of passenger coaches in DB white livery for Quick Drive use, complete with passenger view.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the DB BR 218 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the West Rhine: Cologne-Koblenz route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Three scenarios for the West Rhine: Cologne-Koblenz route:
- A Little Extra Help
- Lokparade at Koblenz-Lüztel
- Unusual Rescue Service
- BR 218 in Deutsche Bahn Traffic Red livery
- PZB signalling
- Passenger coaches in DB livery
- Un-powered BR 146 as a failed locomotive
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the West Rhine: Cologne-Koblenz route
- Download size: 215mb
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required