Built by BR?s Derby and Crewe Works between 1960 and 1962, the Sulzer Type 4 diesel locomotive were the main passenger locomotives on the Midland Main Line from their introduction until their withdrawal in the early 1980s.
When initially put into service, the ?Peaks? ? their nickname inherited from their Class 44 predecessors ? were fitted with multi-unit working and steam heating boilers for passenger services. However, in the early 1970s, 50 of the 183 built were fitted with the more modern electric train supply in place of steam heating boilers, and renumbered as Class 45/1.
With a top speed of 90mph (145 km/h), the ?Peaks? also worked the North Trains-Pennine route from Manchester to Liverpool, becoming a common and popular sight until HSTs and more modern units took over in the 1980s.
The BR Class 45 ?Peak? for Train Simulator is a former Iron Horse House model, which has been updated to TS2015 standard, including new scenarios and improved exterior modelling. Available in BR Blue livery, also included are BR Mk2a blue/grey passenger coaches.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the BR Class 45 ?Peak? on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Liverpool-Manchester route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Three scenarios for the Liverpool-Manchester route:
- Peak Day on the Mainline
- Special Service to Manchester
- Football Special Express
- Class 45 Peak in British Railways blue livery
- BR Mk2a blue/grey passenger coaches
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Liverpool-Manchester route
- Download size: 288mb
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required