The Pro Range is aimed toward the serious train simulation enthusiast looking for a complex machine to master. Each product is designed to provide education and entertainment for users. Xbox controller and HUD interface support do not come as standard and users will need to read the accompanying documentation to fully understand the operation of this advanced simulation.
ABOUT THIS CONTENT
The ?Steppenpferd? (?Prairie Horse?) was developed specifically for the long, flat routes in West and East Prussia between 1928 and 1940 as passenger locomotives. The Deutsche Reichsbahn soon pressed these heavy steam engines into service and they served the DR well until the outbreak of World War II.
During wartime, a number of the locomotives were moved to Poland, where 34 remained after 1945 and re-classified as Oi2 by the PKP. These locomotives served until the last was withdrawn in 1976. Of the remaining locomotives, 47 were taken on by the Deutsche Bundesbahn and retired by 1968. Four locomotives were left with the DR following WWII and withdrawn from services in the 1970s.
In total, four examples have been preserved ? three in Germany and one in Poland.
The BR 24 for Train Simulator is available in black livery and features cab lighting, accurately recreated steam simulation (including simulated boiler explosion) and functioning PZB90 in-cab signalling, plus custom route assets including a loco shed, water crane and coaling & sanding tower.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the DR BR 24 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Hamburg-Hanover route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Five scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover route:
- BR 24 Standard Tutorial
- BR 24 Expert Tutorial
- BR 24 Expert PZB 2 Tutorial
- Museum Uelzen
- Going Home
- BR 24 in black livery
- Cab lighting
- Accurately recreated steam simulation, including simulated boiler explosion
- Functioning PZB90 in-cab signalling
- Custom route assets, including loco shed, water crane, and coaling and sanding tower
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover route
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required