The DB BR 440, or Coradia Continental is a family of high speed commuter trains designed for S-Bahn services throughout Germany. They were first built in 2008 as DB needed an S-Bahn EMU designed for high speeds and long distance journeys that could travel alongside their ICE services, with a top speed of 160km/h (100mph), it was more than capable. These units were also designed with the environment in mind, meaning up to 95 percent of the EMU is recyclable once they reach the end of their lives.
The BR 440 was a development on the popular BR 424/425 S-Bahn EMUs with modern day improvements such as moving most of the underfloor equipment onto the roof of the unit, this resulted in a consistent lower floor, providing step-free access from platform to car. With this low floor design, the BR 440 was designed to cater for disabled passengers including spacious areas for wheelchairs and disabled toilets for those who need them. The other main advantage of moving the underfloor equipment was it was kept well above the track, making maintenance easier and reducing the risk of damage due to the excess ice that can build up around the track in the colder months.
The Train Simulator DB BR 440 ?Coradia Continental? is available in Deutsche Bahn Traffic Red Livery and recreates the EMU as it operates today for DB over the Munich ? Augsburg route. The pack includes a trio of career scenario for the route, recreating the well-known Fugger-Express services the units are renowned for.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the DB BR440on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Munich - Augsburg route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
- Schnellbahn Service
- The Fugger-Express
- Delay Repercussions
- DB BR 440 ‘Coradia Continental’ in Deutsche Bahn Traffic Red Livery
- Challenging career scenarios for the Munich - Augsburg route
- Quick Drive compatible
- Download size: 86.9 mb
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required