Originally built in the Ukraine between 1970 and 1982, the BR232 (then the DR Class 132) was originally imported into the former German Democratic Republic (GDR). The locomotive formed part of the DR 130 family of locomotives, which also included the DR Class 130, Class 142 and DR Class 131. More than 700 units in the DR 130 family were produced on a steel framework structure with attached body, giving them a different external look to the normally refined and sleek German locomotives.
During GDR times, many of the Class pulled any trains that were generally fast or heavy, from express passenger trains on non-electrified lines or coal and lime trains weighing more than 2,000 tonnes.
Following the reunification of Germany, Deutsche Bahn inherited the DR 130 family of locomotives, mainly as heavy freight locomotives but occasionally to head passenger services. Nicknamed ?Ludmilla?, many locomotives could be seen working services from Germany?s main cities, including Hamburg, Kassel, Nuremburg and Kiel.
Today, most of the former DR 130 locomotive family have been withdrawn from service but some continue to ply their trade on Intercity passenger services and freight operations. Only a handful of BR232 locomotives remain in service for DB.
The BR232 for Train Simulator is available in Deutsche Bahn Orient Red and Traffic Red, and Railion liveries and features functioning SiFa driver vigilance system, dynamic braking, switchable fuel pump and drive mode, cab lighting, sun visors, Facns, Shimms and Hbbills freight wagons.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the BR232 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Munich-Augsburg route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Three scenarios for the Munich-Augsburg route:
- Army of Two
- Hot Under the Collar
- Meet the BR232 Ludmilla
- BR232 in Deutsche Bahn Orient Red and Traffic Red, and Railion
- SiFa driver vigilance system
- Dynamic braking
- Switchable fuel pump and drive mode
- Cab lighting
- Sun visors
- Facns, Shimms and Hbbills freight wagons Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Munich-Augsburg route
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required