More than 4,000 models were built by General Motors? Electro-Motive Division EMD) between 1972 and 1989, as part of the company?s Dash 2 series. The SD40-2 was an upgrade from the SD40, and a number of variants made their way onto American rails, including the SD40T-2, SD40-2W, SD40-2F, SD40-2S, SD40-3 and SD40M-2.
Union Pacific was EMD?s largest customer, taking more than 680 units, and this one-off livery, depicting the Stars and Stripes of the US flag, was applied in 1994 as a fundraiser for the US-based charity United Way. The locomotive operated as part of UP?s regular roster for many years as well as attending railroad events and photo calls across the US.
The EMD SD40-2 for Train Simulator is available in unique Union Pacific red, white and blue livery and features dynamic braking, working step lights, cab lighting and Union Pacific freight cars.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the EMD SD40-2 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Sherman Hill route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Three scenarios for the Sherman Hill route:
- UP 3300 Engineer Training
- Second Section Stack
- Working Wycon
- EMD SD40-2 in Union Pacific red, white and blue livery
- Dynamic braking
- Step lights
- Cab lighting
- Union Pacific freight cars
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Sherman Hill route
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required