Built by Bombardier between 2004 and 2011, the ME 146 is a member of the Traxx family of electric locomotives, classified by the company as 146.2s. The design of the locomotive was based on the BR 185 operated by Deutsche Bahn.
Metronom operates private passenger services out of Hamburg Hauptbahnhof across northern Germany, with express passenger trains denoted with ?ME? and regional stopping services designated as ?MEr? (Metronom Regional). A top speed of 160km/h (99mph) makes the ME 146 an ideal locomotive to operate the company?s express passenger services.
The ME 146 for Train Simulator is available in Metronom?s striking blue and yellow livery and features AFB train power control, SIFA control system, PZB and LZB signalling systems and passenger view. Also included are matching double-deck Bombardier coaches (Doppelstockwagen) and a driveable cab car (Steuerwagen) for push/pull operation.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the Metronom ME 146 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Hamburg-Hanover route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Three scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover route:
- An Introduction to the Metronom ME 146
- A Midsummers Night on the Metronom
- The Early Morning Commuter to Hamburg
- ME 146 in Metronom blue and yellow livery AFB train power control
- SIFA control system
- PZB and LZB signalling systems
- Passenger view
- Double-deck Bombardier coaches (Doppelstockwagen)
- Driveable cab car (Steuerwagen)
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover route
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required