At the time of the British railway network?s privatisation in the mid-1990s, many freight locomotives were bought by newly formed private operators, including English, Welsh & Scottish Railways, who inherited an ageing fleet of Class 59 diesel locomotives. With freight operations an important commodity for EWS, the company approached General Motors in Canada for a new class of locomotive.
GM?s response was to offer a rebuilt Class 59, based on the same bodyshell but with an updated engine, traction motors and bogies. Such was their success that the model was ordered by several other freight operators, including Freightliner, GB Railfreight and Direct Rail Services.
The re-worked Class 66 for Train Simulator is available in Powerhaul livery and features an improved cab interior and new exterior, accurate brake control and centre-sprung brake lever, and accurate engine and horn sounds.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the Powerhaul Class 66 V2.0 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Great Eastern Main Line London-Ipswich route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Three scenarios for the Great Eastern Main Line London-Ipswich route:
- Powerhaul Introduction
- Freightliner to Stratford
- Powerhaul to Felixstowe South
- Re-worked Class 66 in Powerhaul livery Improved cab interior
- New exterior
- Accurate brake control and centre-sprung brake lever
- Accurate engine and horn sounds
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Great Eastern Main Line London-Ipswich route
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required