The ER20 ?Hercules? is considered to be one of the quietest and most efficient diesel locomotives currently operating in Europe, having been manufactured with up-to-date diesel engine technology and innovative sound insulation, alongside low exhaust emissions. The locomotive is also relatively unique in design, being made of as few parts as possible in a modular construction method, which makes construction and maintenance more efficient.
Built by Siemens over a ten year period from 2002, the ER20 was designed to replace older freight locomotive types with lower cost maintenance and emissions. They have proved to be a popular class of locomotive, although their low production numbers ? less than 100 ? is only such due to the widespread electrification of Europe?s rail network reducing the need for large diesel locomotive fleets.
Customers in Germany, Austria, Lithuania and Hong Kong placed orders for the ER20 Eurorunner for both freight and passenger operations, including MRCE, a freight locomotive leasing company who took ownership of 15 models. This fleet of black gloss liveried locomotives can be seen today hauling multimodal freight traffic across Germany and into neighbouring European countries.
The ER20 Eurorunner for Train Simulator recreates the locomotive in the striking MRCE black gloss livery and features SIFA and PZB signalling and cab control systems, centre sprung throttle and brake controls, and accompanying Zags and Shimms freight wagons.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the MRCE ER20 Eurorunner on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Hamburg-Hanover route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Three scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover route:
- Haul in Good Time
- Freight to Unterlüß
- Helping Hands
- ER20 Eurorunner in MRCE black livery
- SIFA, PZB and LZB in cab and signalling systems
- Zags and Shimms freight wagons
- Two-tone horn
- Cab lighting
- Instrument lighting
- Drivers sun blind
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover route
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required