The MRCE ES 64 U2 ?Taurus? is a new generation high performance electric locomotive built by Siemens between 2000 and 2008, and part of the second generation of Eurosprinter locomotives built by the company. The first prototype ES 64 was built in 1992, although it was some years later that the Class become more widespread on the European network.
A number of variations of the locomotive have been built and fitted since its introduction, each with their own designation to freight and/or passenger operations, and power systems supported ? ?ES? stands for Eurosprinter (its locomotive family name), ?64? to the 6,400kw power at rail rating, ?U? to its universal ability to haul passenger and freight trains, and ?2? for the number of electric power systems supported.
The ES 64 U2 ?Taurus? for Train Simulator is available in the black livery of private leasing company MRCE, and features AFB speed control, SIFA driver vigilance device, PZB and LZB signalling systems, and SGGRSS freight wagons.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the MRCE ES 64 U2 ?Taurus? on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Hamburg-Hanover route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Four scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover route:
- Training: MRCE ES 64 U2 Taurus - Expert Controls Tutorial
- Training: MRCE ES 64 U2 Taurus - Simple Controls Tutorial
- Nightrun to Harburg
- Going South
- ES 64 U2 Taurus in MRCE livery
- AFB speed control
- SIFA driver vigilance device
- PZB and LZB signalling systems
- SGGRSS freight wagons
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover route
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required