The diminutive 0-6-0 Class 07 shunter was designed specifically for use within Southampton Dockyard and to replace ageing tank steam locomotives used previously in the dockyard. Their short wheelbase was designed to negotiate the dockyard?s tight curves, but the shunters packed enough power for general shunting duties and to occasionally marshal Ocean Liner trains around the dockyard.
The 14 locomotives were built in 1962 and entered service in the same year, delivered in old green BR livery but changed to the obligatory blue livery in the early 1970s. Their single ?off centre cab with mirrored left/right controls gave drivers all round visibility ? an essential requirement in the busy dockyard.
When part of the dockyard?s internal railway network closed in 1973, the class began to be withdrawn, and by July 1977, all had been made redundant. However, many of the Class were put to work with industrial users and seven has survived into preservation today.
The Class 07 for Train Simulator, developed by Skyhook Games, is available in British Railways green livery with circular logo and features a variety of freight wagons, including three weathered variants of OAA wagon (loaded and unloaded), three weathered variants of PGA hopper, and three weathered variants of PCA tank wagon.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the BR Class 07 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the West Somerset Railway route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Four scenarios for the West Somerset Railway route:
- Pullman Preparations
- Washford Wagonload
- Flamed Out
- Diesel Duo
- Class 07 in British Railways green livery
- Weathered OAA Wagons (loaded and unloaded)
- Weathered PGA Hoppers
- Weathered PCA Tank Wagons
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the West Somerset Railway route
- Download size: 105mb
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required