Following the successful introduction of the Intercity-Express system across Germany in the early 1990s, Deutsche Bahn started plans to upgrade long distance services with higher speeds and raise comfort levels for passengers, and to replace locomotive-hauled regional services.
These developments resulted in three new ICE trains being built ? the ICE 3, ICE T and ICE VT, the latter ?VT? standing for Verbrennungstriebwagen (internal combustion motor car). All three trains were developed alongside each other and shared common components and layout ? noticeable differences on the ICE VT were its crescent-shaped bogie supports and the removal of pantographs.
The ICE VT ? later to be more commonly known as the ICE TD ? was built by a Bombardier and Siemens consortium, and a four-car configuration chosen, without a restaurant car. The first trainset was assembled in 1998 and in 2001, all 20 units were commissioned for Deutsche Bahn and today operate on many electrified lines in Germany, despite being diesel powered.
The BR 605 ICE TD for Train Simulator is available in Deutsche Bahn livery and features PZB and LZB signalling, SIFA and AFB driver vigilance devices, a tilting mechanism and passenger view.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the DB BR 605 ICE TD on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Hamburg-Hanover route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Three scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover route:
- Berlin to Hamburg via Uelzen
- Football Relief Service
- Hamburg to Berlin via Uelzen
- BR 605 ICE TD in Deutsche Bahn livery
- Tilting mechanism
- PZB and LZB signalling
- SIFA and AFB driver vigilance devices
- Passenger view
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover route
- Download size: 170mb
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required