Bombardier?s TRAXX family (standing for Transnational Railway Applications with Extreme Flexibility) is a modular product platform of electric and diesel-electric passenger and freight locomotives, designed to enable the quick and efficient production of mainline models for a variety of European railway companies.
The first TRAXX version was a dual voltage AC locomotive built in 1996 for the German rail network, with DC and diesel versions added in later years and around 1,000 models built to date.
In July 1998, Adtranz ? later to be bought by Bombardier ? received a follow-on order for 400 more medium weight freight locomotives, the BR 185. They were intended to be double voltage to allow international operations and, in line with the TRAXX ethos, included parts used on their predecessor, the BR 145, with the additional of European train protection systems and a lower height to meet international loading gauges.
The Europalok, as they were to become known, had a top speed of 140km/h (87mph) and operated as a general purpose freight locomotive. More than 300 BR 185.5 locomotives were built and sold to various train operators, including leasing companies, throughout Europe, including Switzerland, France and Germany.
The BR 185.5 for Train Simulator is available in MRCE Black livery as it appears today on the German rail network as a freight locomotive. Features of the model include PZB and LZB signalling systems, and Zacns 95 tank freight wagons.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the MRCE BR 185.5 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Cologne-Koblenz route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Three scenarios for the Cologne-Koblenz route:
- Delay Day
- Freight Fraction
- Yard Days Work
- BR 185.5 in MRCE Black livery
- PZB and LZB signalling systems
- Zacns 95 tank freight wagons
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Cologne-Koblenz route
- Download size: 166mb
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required