Introduced in 1951, the ?4EPB? (4-car, Electro-Pneumatic Brakes) was a classic southern ?slam-door? third-rail EMU which had a career spanning 44 years, and became the most numerous class on the region after the withdrawal of Class 405 ?4SUBS?. Each four-car set was comprised of two powered driving cars and two trailers, originally with compartment seating but later refurbished with open seating.
The units were designed for a mixture of inner-city and suburban operations on third third-rail DC lines out of south London, and a top speed of 75mph (121km/h) was enough for runs further out of town.
In 1960, the first British Rail designed units were introduced, based on then current Mk1 Suburban stock. A refurbishment of the Class in the late 1970s and early 1980s saw compartment stock converted to open saloons, and both seating and luggage racks replaced with standard Mk2 fittings.
Despite their numerous numbers, the 4EPBs were withdrawn from service by 1995, with one four-car unit preserved.
The Class 415 ?4EPB? for Train Simulator is available in Network SouthEast livery as a Class 415/6 variant, indicating refurbished stock of BR design. Features of the model include passenger view, slam-door sound effects, guard?s whistle when setting off, and high intensity headlamp.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the Network SouthEast Class 415 ?4EPB? on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the South London Network route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Three scenarios for the South London Network route:
- Evening Rush
- Morning Commute to Victoria
- Take it to the Bridge
- BR Class 415/6 4EPB in Network SouthEast livery
- Slam-door sound effects
- Guards whistle
- High intensity headlamp
- Passenger view
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the South London Network route
- Download size: 111mb
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required