The Pro Range is aimed toward the serious train simulation enthusiast looking for a complex machine to master. Each product is designed to provide education and entertainment for users. Xbox controller and HUD interface support do not come as standard and users will need to read the accompanying documentation to fully understand the operation of this advanced simulation.
ABOUT THIS CONTENT
As small mixed traffic branch locomotives, the Great Western Railway?s Prairies were diminutive workhorses of the railway network, and are now available for Train Simulator from Victory Works.
The 2-6-2 tank engines were introduced to the GWR in 1904 with the 4400 Class, primarily for use on the railway?s numerous hilly branch lines. Only 11 of the class were built before the production of its successor, the 4500 Class ? the same in design but with larger driving wheels, giving the locomotive extra speed and therefore more widely used on the GWR network.
Between 1927 and 1929, a further 100 small Prairies were built with larger 1,300 gallon water tanks, and were allocated the Class number 4575. A number of these locomotives were fitted with equipment to run push-pull trains with autocoaches, which saw them pressed into service on lines through South Wales.
Withdrawal of the Prairies began in the late 1950s and by the mid-1960s all had been assigned to the scrapyard. However, three 45xx Class and 11 4575 Class locomotives were saved and many run today on preserved railways around the UK.
The GWR Small Prairies for Train Simulator, developed by Victory Works, are available in a variety of GWR and BR liveries ? GWR Green and BR Black, plus BR Green (45xx Class and 4575 Class) and a fictional red livery for the 4575 Class.
Three operating modes await drivers ? simple, standard and advanced ? each with their own style of driving and features for the novice and expert drivers. An abundance of detailing can also be found on each locomotive, including realistic wheel slip, simulated steam chest, operable cab doors, windows and hatches and 3D fireboxes. The 4575 Class can also be set with optional auto-gear to make it fully compatible with Victory Works? GWR Class 14xx autocoaches.
A number of freight wagons are also included with the locomotives, including fruit vans, covered goods vans, standard vans, banana vans, iron minks, milk siphons and toad brake vans.
The locomotives are also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the GWR Small Prairies on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Falmouth Branch route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Six scenarios for the Falmouth Branch route:
- Get Off Your Iron Horse and Drink Your Milk!
- Penzance Puzzle
- Give Generously
- Hard Graft
- Night Freight
- All Stops
- 44xx, 45xx Class and 4575 Class in GWR Green and BR Black liveries, BR Green livery (45xx Class and 4575 Class) and fictional red livery (4575 Class)
- Simple, standard and advanced driving modes
- Realistic wheel slip
- Simulated steam chest
- Operable cab doors, windows and hatches
- 3D fireboxes
- Optional auto-gear for the 4575 Class for compatibility with Victory Works GWR Class 14xx autocoaches
- Freight wagons
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Falmouth Branch route
- Download size: 628mb
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required