The Train Simulator Alaska Railroad – Seward to Anchorage route includes the Alaska Railroad’s line from Anchorage via Portage to Seward (114 route miles) as well as the important ARR line from Portage to Whittier, Alaska (12 route miles). And as an engineer on this extraordinary modern route, you’ll take the throttle of the Alaska Railroad’s powerful Electro-Motive SD70MACs and versatile GP38-2s, both of which are included with the route.
The Alaska Railroad – Seward to Anchorage route offers a superb variety of operating challenges and realistic experiences, ranging from lugging massive unit coal trains and manifests over the Kenai Mountains to yard and lineside industry switching duties at Anchorage to handling port switching jobs at Seward and Whittier.
Another fascinating aspect of operations on the Alaska Railroad is the railroad’s reliance on Direct Traffic Control (“DTC”) given that a majority of the route is not equipped with lineside signals (the areas around Anchorage and Whittier Tunnel being the exceptions). ARR’s use of Direct Traffic Control involves dispatchers providing, via radio transmission, permission for trains to operate within assigned DTC blocks. The Alaska Railroad – Seward to Anchorage route authentically re-creates ARR’s block system and DTC operations as well as the CTC-governed signaling around Anchorage and Whittier.
Along with the ARR Electro-Motive SD70MAC and EMD GP38-2, the Alaska Railroad – Seward to Anchorage route provides a variety of authentic and useful freight equipment, including flatbed container car, covered hoppers, center-beam flatcar, 4-chute coal hopper, timber flat, stack car, piggyback flat, boxcar, tank car, and ARR extended-vision cupola caboose. And this remarkable Train Simulator route also features a selection of nine career scenarios.
Experience the allure of Alaskan railroading, with the Train Simulator Alaska Railroad – Seward to Anchorage route!
The Alaska Railroad: Anchorage - Seward Route Add-on nine informative and challenging career scenarios featuring ARR SD70MAC and GP38-2 operations:
- [ARR] GP38-2 Light Engine Run Pt 1
- [ARR] GP38-2 Light Engine Run Pt 2
- [ARR] GP38-2 Light Engine Run Pt 3
- [ARR] GP38-2 Light Engine Run Pt 4
- [ARR] SD70M Empties to Anchorage Pt 1
- [ARR] SD70M Empties to Anchorage Pt 2
- [ARR] SD70M Empties to Anchorage Pt 3
- [ARR] SD70M Empties to Anchorage Pt 4
- [ARR] SD70M Empties to Anchorage Pt 5
- OS:Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor:Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos