The Just Flight DC-8™ for FSX: Steam Edition is built from accurate factory-standard plans and all feature the characteristic ‘double bubble’ fuselage, nose ‘nostrils’, and multi-pane cockpit glazing that make this aircraft so distinctive.
Many unique animations are also built into each model including: retractable landing lights, opening pressure valve gate in the tail, rams and operating levers for the spoilers and flaps and, of course, the trim-adjustable flying horizontal/elevator tail assembly.
- Includes 6 different aircraft variant:, -10, -11, -21, -33, -41, and -43
- Includes 19 liveries with Air France and factory DC-8 scheme.
- Highly functional virtual cockpit with virtually all of the hundreds of switches, knobs and levers animated and functional. Many gauges are modelled in 3D for smooth operation.
- Engineer and Navigator panels are included. The engineer's panel features functioning engine, hydraulic, electrical and fuel systems.
- Full cockpit lighting with atmospheric instrument backlighting.
- Avionics include full autopilot functionality from the operating period with NAV and ILS approaches, VOR and ADF receivers and displays, transponders, and a full communications suite.
- Many features have been added to help with ‘usability’ including switches to hide the control yokes and co-pilot seat for a better view of the instruments, and pre-set angled views for the overhead panel, throttle quadrant and radios.
- Numerous warning annunciators will illuminate on fault detection and a fully functional engine fire warning and protection/extinguishing system are built into the cockpit. If you get an engine fire warning, pull the fire handle and the fire will be extinguished.
- Electrics have been authentically modelled to enable correct engine starts with ignition lock-out and over-ride functions for each engine starter.
- Special programming has been used to re-create the complex fuel storage and delivery systems for each engine.
- Specular map to give realistic light effects on the aircraft surfaces.
- Bump mapping to give a more realistic 3D effect to aircraft liveries.
- Realistic wing flex on all variants.
- Custom coding ensures that the systems are faithfully reproduced in this simulation, including unique features such as spoiler ‘lock-out’ when gear is retracted.
- Animated main-gear bogies which will rotate to reduce stress on the tyres and wheels in tight turns.
- Special slats in the leading edges of the wings open ahead of the main flaps and the full slotted-flap system is faithfully reproduced in these models.
- Numerous authentic animations are included such as retractable landing lights, opening pressure valve gate in the tail, rams and operating levers for spoilers, trim-adjustable flying horizontal/elevator tail assembly.
- The landing gear is modelled and animated with all the correct struts and springs and even detailed brake lines and wheel cylinders.
- Flight files for the project developed by real world DC-8 engineer and tested by DC-8 pilots
- Special effects have been created to reproduce the incredible smoke trails the early DC-8 jets produced – and the correct reverse thrust smoke has also been modelled.
- Professionally produced stereo sound set for all variants authentically matched to the different engine types.
- A comprehensive cockpit guide and flight tutorial is provided in illustrated PDF format.
- OS: Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or later
- Processor: 2.0 Ghz or higher (single core)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX®9 compliant video card or greater, 256 MB video RAM or higher, Shader Model 1.1 or higher (Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 30 GB available space
- Additional Notes: Broadband internet connection required for multiplayer features