Built inland from the coastal city of Lianyungang in an effort to transport goods arriving by sea into the heart of China, each phase opened in sequence, the line quickly becoming a major east-west link ideal for transporting freight even as far as Europe; a Eurasian “Rail Bridge”.
Included in the Longhai Railway route is the scenic 105 km electrified section between Lingbao and Mianchi of the Henan province, where the line notably makes a horseshoe curve through the district of Hubin en route. This section traverses the beautiful Loess Plateau scenery, scattered with forests and farmlands making for a hillside sea of lush greenery.
Unlike high speed lines in China, which are fitted with CTCS signalling, slower routes such as the Longhai Railway are equipped with LKJ signalling, providing a unique challenge balancing in-cab and track-side information as you go about your duties.
For passenger and freight traction, the HXD1 and HXD1C electric locomotives are powerhouses in every right, capable of performing without hassle. The HXD1 stands out of the crowd, as it is designed as a double “back-to-back” locomotive, ensuring it can always deal with the heaviest of consists. For haulage, 5 freight wagon types and 3 passenger coach types form important trains which are always in need of motive power up front, and a driver to take the journey onward.
Expand your network with the Longhai Railway today!
- [HXD1] How to drive the HXD series locomotives
- [HXD1C] Freight express
- [HXD1] Heavy freight service and passenger train rescue
- [HXD1] L5666 passenger service
- [HXD1C] 35665 freight service
- [HXD1C] K870 passenger service
- Accurate recreation of the 106 km route from Lingbao to Mianchi
- Detailed beautiful Chinese scenery
- LKJ Signalling System
- HXD1 Double Electric Loco
- HXD1C Electric Loco
- Both locos feature a realistic start-up process
- Includes KD25G, YZ25G, XL25G passenger rolling stock
- Includes P70, C70, P65, G70K, NX17B freight rolling stock
- Quick-drive compatible
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required