Perhaps the greatest advantage the P-51H would have had over the Ta 152 is the fact that the Mustang remained a superlative dogfighter despite achieving parity of power and speed with the Ta 152. If anything, the P-51H was a nimbler, better handling aircraft than the P-51D, and its lighter weight would have allowed a tighter turning radius at high altitude than the German plane. In a dive or level flight, the P-51H was as fast or faster than any single-engine, propeller-driven Axis fighter ever built. The P-51H, although not well-known, was probably the finest piston-engined fighter to emerge from WWII in every respect and was probably the fastest propeller-driven aircraft in the world at the close of WWII.
- Experience the highest performance P-51 Mustang ever produced
- Built using the Microsoft Flight Simulator SDK for maximum compatibility
- Flight model performs to the pilot’s training manuals
- Includes detailed stall and spin characteristics
- Gorgeously constructed aircraft, inside and out, down to the last rivet
- High resolution, smooth 3D gauge technology
- Droppable external fuel tanks
- Working 3D collimating gun sight (another A2A first)
- Authentically recorded and reproduced Merlin engine sounds
- OS: Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or later
- Processor: 2.0 Ghz or higher (single core)
- Graphics: DirectX®9 compliant video card or greater, 256 MB video RAM or higher, Shader Model 1.1 or higher (Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 30 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible.
- Additional Notes: Broadband internet connection required for multiplayer features.