The NexGen 3D software uses the very latest 25cm and 50cm aerial images at 1.2m ‘in sim’ resolution, rising to 60cm around airports.
In addition to new imagery, the scenery now uses Just Flight’s new GenMart system to add a huge array of autogen objects for an immersive ‘3D’ feel. The combination of photographic scenery with accurately placed autogen objects gives a truly realistic representation of flying over the real world. As well as trees, houses and industrial buildings, the object library contains features such as wind turbines, wind farms, lighthouses and churches, all placed where their real-world counterparts are located.
- Multiple simulator support - the scenery can be active in all your supported simulators at the same time using a single installation
25cm/50cm aerial photos taken from 2015 onwards used as source imagery
- Scenery Manager utility included so you can adjust scenery options and activate/deactivate the scenery in individual simulators (this needs to be installed on the Steam client Tools menu, go to Games>Tools and install and run FSX VFR NexGen S. England & S. Wales)
- Performance boost - because the display of photo textures and individually placed autogen objects is more efficient than the generic tile-based system used in default scenery, the performance of your simulator(s) will actually improve when NexGen 3D scenery is being used!
- 1.2m/pixel general texture resolution. The texture resolution around airports and specific points of interest is 60cm/pixel.
- 5m (ultra-high) elevation mesh resolution
- Comprehensive 3D autogen coverage of buildings and vegetation, accurately placed from real-world data
- Numerous additional custom scenery objects
- Adjusted default landmark objects
- Optional custom night textures
- All water areas are created as simulator 'water' and are fully landable in appropriate aircraft
- Default airports or runways have been adjusted as necessary
- Automatic updating as new or expanded data becomes available
- Compatible with third party airport sceneries
- OS: Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or later
- Processor: 2.0 Ghz or higher (single core)
- Graphics: DirectX®9 compliant video card or greater, 256 MB video RAM or higher, Shader Model 1.1 or higher (Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required)
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Storage: 30 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
- Additional Notes: Broadband internet connection required for multiplayer features.