Production of the SD70ACe version began in 2004 as General Motors? response to the popular GE Dash 9-44CW. Originally, the diesel freight locomotive was an upgrade to the SD70M and SD70MAC, designed to meet new emission regulations and with minor external differences in body shape. As with recent US diesels, the SD70ACe was also fitted with a full width ?comfort? cab and is a popular sight across the US.
More than 1,200 examples have been built so far for a number of US railroads, including BNSF, CSX, Union Pacific and Norfolk Southern.
Through the years, a series of mergers have expanded Union Pacific?s track network, opening up new routes and services across the US. In celebration of these fallen flag railroads, Union Pacific repainted six SD70ACe locomotives in attractive heritage liveries during the mid-2000s, including those of the Denver & Rio Grande Western, Missouri Pacific, Western Pacific, Missouri-Kansas-Texas, Chicago & North Western, and Southern Pacific. These locomotives regularly haul freight across the UP network and form part of the current UP fleet.
The locomotives are Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the Union Pacific Heritage SD70ACes on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam.
- EMD SD70ACe in six Union Pacific fallen flag heritage liveries
- Liveries include Denver amp Rio Grande Western, Missouri Pacific, Western Pacific, Missouri-Kansas-Texas, Chicago amp North Western, and Southern Pacific
- Flashing ditch lights
- Cab light
- Step lights
- Union Pacific freight cars, including Auto Rack Car, Box Car, Cement Hopper, Double Stack Car, Low Gondola and Wood Chip Gondola
- Quick Drive compatible
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required