The Classics Range features a selection of must-have products at value for money prices from the TS back catalogue.
Running from Sheffield to Manchester via the rugged landscape of the Pennines, the Woodhead Line was electrified way back in the early 1950s with the Class 76 electric locomotive being built especially for the line.
A major feature of the route is the Woodhead Tunnel system, comprising three tunnels (the third being added specifically for the electrification of the line) to enable the line to run through the hilly landscape of the northern Peak District. The Class 76 electric locomotive was first produced as a prototype (6701) in 1941, with full production beginning in 1950 in Manchester. Under British Rail, Class 76s hauled freight and passenger services along the Woodhead Line until 1970, after which they handled only freight workings.
Now closed to traffic since 1981, the Woodhead Line and its tunnels are still a regular destination for rail enthusiasts and hikers, and they have now been brought back to life in Train Simulator. Download size 842 MB - please check your ISP download restrictions before purchasing.
7 scenarios, including career and standard, plus 4 free roams
- In the Bleak Midwinter (standard)
- I've Never Known a Night Like It (standard)
- Run for Your Wath (standard and career)
- The Hadfield Flyer (standard and career)
- The North Country Continental (standard and career)
- To Lincoln Central (standard and career)
- Up the Junction (standard)
Plus 5 free roams
- 60-mile Woodhead Line route from Manchester Piccadilly to Sheffield ictoria including Wath branch and Woodhead Tunnels
- Class 76 electric locomotive
- Class 08 diesel shunter in BR Black
- 8F Steam Locomotive
- Mk1 coaches in crimson livery