Built by National Railway Equipment since 2006, the 3GS-21B has proven itself the most successful of the growing number of GenSet locomotives, which are distinctive in having multiple diesel engines instead of a single engine, and generator sets (thus the name GenSet), thereby reducing overall harmful emissions, fuel consumption and maintenance costs. More than 180 examples have been built so far, with the majority manufactured at NREC?s Mount Vernon shop in Southern Illinois.
The 2,100-horsepower 3GS-21B has found service among a variety of railroads both large and small, with BNSF, Union Pacific, and CSX among its primary operators, along with regional, short line, and belt railroads, as well as the United States Army.
The NRE 3GS-21B ?Genset? for Train Simulator is available in CSX Transportation livery as it operated today, and features in-cab signalling for operations on the NEC: New York-New Haven route. Detailing includes ditch lights, gauge lights, cab lights, platform lights and a digital speedometer, with a characteristic start-up and shut-down of the appropriate gensets while in use to meet power demand. Also included are centrebeam flat wagons with dynamic lumber loads.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the CSX 3GS-21B ?Genset? on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the NEC: New York-New Haven route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Three scenarios for the NEC: New York-New Haven route:
- Get Ready, Genset, Go!
- Point to Point
- The Harlem Shuffle
- NRE 3GS-21B Genset in CSX Transportation livery
- Characteristic Genset start-up and shut-down
- In-cab signalling
- Ditch lights
- Gauge lights
- Cab lights
- Platform lights
- Digital speedometer
- Centrebeam flat wagons with dynamic lumber loads
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the NEC: New York-New Haven route
- Download size: 147mb
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required