DB’s early attempts at acquiring a fleet of tilting DMUs for un-electrified regional routes were, quite frankly, unsuccessful. Both the DB BR 610 and DB BR 611 came with significant problems in their tilting systems leading to cracked bogies, and they often spent time limited to slower speeds anyway, with their tilting systems disabled.
The ‘final hurrah’ for DB came when they commissioned Adtranz (today part of Bombardier) to build a fleet of DMUs which were to be almost completely redesigned, aiming to avoid as many faults from previous attempts as possible. The result was the DB BR 612, part of the RegioSwinger family, which entered traffic in 1998, and after the hurdles faced with traction prior, DB finally had a more capable tilting DMU.
Able to achieve 160 km/h in service, and improve journey times on routes laden with curves, the DB BR 612 fleet has seen consistent use across multiple regional networks in Germany, and for a time, also operated inter-city trains when the DB BR 605 ‘ICE-TD’ fleet was grounded for the seemingly common cracked axle issue.
With great included scenarios and a host of details to guarantee a realistic experience, this will make the perfect addition to your collection!
The Pro Range is aimed toward the serious train simulation enthusiast looking for a complex machine to master. Each product is designed to provide education and entertainment for users. Xbox controller and HUD interface support do not come as standard and users will need to read the accompanying documentation to fully understand the operation of this advanced simulation.
This Add-On contains three scenarios for the Mosel Valley Koblenz-Trier Route Add-On:
- Cold Winter Morning
- Morning Local Train
- Rainy Day
- Manual Door Control
- Manual start up sequence
- Advanced lighting
- A change cab procedure
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required